Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My new favorite bluesman is Son Seals


One day I was on  Last FM listening to a radio station I had created which plays the music of Chicago Blues guitarists Lonnie Brooks, Mighty Joe Young and John Primer as well as similar artists. It was well listening to this that I stumbled upon Son Seals. The song was Funky Bitch which I will post below along with On my Knees. One interesting fact I learned when researching Son Seals was that he was born in Osceola, Arkansas the same birth place as the great Albert King both of whom only lived to their 60's. So when I got 30 dollars in iTunes gift cards for Christmas I went straight to iTunes and bought Seals first two albums The Son Seals Blues Band and Live and Burning. I encourage every blues fan to listen both of these albums. The difference between hot sauce on the live and the studio album is one reason you should listen to both. I do prefer the live version better because it has more power. Another favorite of mine from Son Seals Blues Band is Your Love Is Just Like a Cancer. Like so many of my favorite blues players he died way to young and also there is very little footage of him on you tube which is really disappointing. Here is On My Knees one of the videos of Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment