Friday, May 15, 2015

Long live the King of The Blues


This is my tribute to the King. Many people argue over who is better Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jimi Hendrix. But I think that the top two spots on any list belong to B.B. King and Chuck Berry. Every rock guitarist was influenced by one or the other. B.B. is at the top because without him the three I just mentioned would probably not be playing.  It only takes one note for me to know it is him. He is so big that many of music's well-known guitarists have posted a tribute to him. Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, George Thorogood, George Benson, John Mayer, Carlos Snatana, Bonnie Raitt, Eric Johnson, Keith Richards, Taj Mahal, Joe Bonamassa, Jimmie Vaughan, Walter Trout, ,Tom Morello, Steve Cropper, Dave Davies, Dave Mustaine, Lenny Kravitz,
Brad Paisley, Keb Mo, Joe Perry, Slash, Neal Schon, Peter Frampton, Rick Nielsen, Jimmy Vivino, Brian May, Joe Walsh, Kenny Wayne Sheppard and Roger McGuinn have all posted tributes. There has not and never will be another guitarist with the exception of Chuck Berry that has had such a impact on such a wide variety of guitarists. I got the chance to see King live in 2012 who at the time was the last of his generation. It was a day I will not forget. R.I.P. B.B. King and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment