Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Famous Daves Blues Fest


On Saturday June 12 I went to Peavey Plaza in downtown to go the 6th annual Famous Dave’s BBQ & Blues Festival to see Hubert Sumlin, Pinetop Perkins & Willie "Big Eyes" Smith and guitar shorty.It had been raining the whole day but it did not rain during the concert which was a good thing. The cool thing was that Pinetop Perkins was 96 years old and it was his 97th birthday so they brought a cake on stage and we all sang happy birthday it was lots of fun. Then after the show I went to get autographs from the blues legends. There was a line to see Perkins. when I got there he signed a pamphlet I picked up from the Minnesota Blues Foundation. Then I saw Sumlin off to the side and I asked him to sign and he did. I told what an honor it was to meet him and then I thanked him and left. Then about 5 minutes later I went over to Willie "Big Eyes" to get his autograph I said to him that it was an honor to meet him and he signed the pamphlet. Then I went back to ware my mom was sitting so I could get ready for the next act which was Guitar Shorty. Shorty came out on stage and then played for a little bit. Then he came down off the stage and walked through the crowd well playing and I followed him for a little bit with my mom's blackberry. I picked up one his guitar picks that I found on the ground. Then he went back on stage and he played a cover of Jimmi Hendrix's classic song Hey Joe which was good. Then after that we went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment