Sunday, June 6, 2010

IOWA Arts fest. The Sonnydogs





On Saturday June 5th I went down to Iowa City to the Iowa arts fest to slide guitar great Sonny Landreth perform live. While I was there I got to see Minneapolis band The Honeydogs who are pictured above. On top is guitarist Brain Hanson and in the middle is the leader of the band Adam Levy. I had seen Levy before at a park near my house but the show was canceled part way through due to tornado sirens and lighting. This time the show was postponed for about 10 to 15 minutes due to a heavy down pore. Then they kept on playing. I had not really heard much of there music before but I liked the show. After the show I went over and got a Cd signed by Adam Levy and he and my mom talked about last summer's show.
Then I made my way up to the front of the stage so I could get a good view of Sonny and also get some good pictures. Landreth’s picture is on the bottom. Sonny played lots of songs from his most recent album From the Reach that features Dr. John, Eirc Clapton, Jimmy Buffet and Dire Straits guitar player Mark Knopfler and many others. Since I have that album on my I pod I knew most of the songs he played. One of the songs he played was a song he wrote about New Orleans after the hurricane called Blue Tarp Blues since he is from Louisiana. At the end of the show I wanted to get a picture with him. Finally I did but when I looked at it later it was blurry I was really pissed. But the concert was fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment