Thursday, September 27, 2012

R R F- To Our Children's Children's Children The Moody Blues

The record that I pulled today for Random Record Friday is To Our Children's Children's Children by English rock band The Moody Blues. This will be my first time  listening to a Moody Blues album even though I have had this album along with Every Good Boy Deserves Favor for several years. I have only heard a few of their songs on the radio but besides that I know nothing about them. One interesting fact about them is that they are all still alive and performing which is rare for groups of the 60's and 70's.


This album which was in 1969 has many references to space travel. Mnay English artists of the time were singing about space travel in their songs  like David Bowie and The Rolling Stones.  Being  some what psychedelic rock album it is of very strange sounding especially Eyes of a Child which I like because it is one of the only rock songs to feature the harp as a main instrument something I have not heard before in a rock group. The cover art is great because now days you do not see many painted covers. Their 60's and 70's albums were designed by Philip Travers   I liked the album it was very relaxing and puts you in a good mood.    

No comments:

Post a Comment