Saturday, October 6, 2012

RRF Late for the Sky- Jackson Browne








Today on random record Friday we go from a group I have barely heard(The Moody Blues) to a artist(Jackson Browne) who I have heard many times before and has become one of my favorite musicians. I will be seeing him on October 28th with Sarah Watkins. Late for the Sky is my favorite Jackson Browne album of all time and I think it is his best. It also has my favorite of his songs For a Dancer. One thing I just learned while researching the album that the it's cover was inspired by a 1954 painting by Belgian surrealist René Magritte called Empire of Light. He states on the back of the album "cover concept Jackson Browne if it's all reet with Magritte." When I was looking though the liner notes I saw names like Don Henley and JD Souther. Browne wrote The Eagles hit Take It Easy two years earlier. Great album with not one bad song on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment