Thursday, October 11, 2012

RRF Move It On Over- George Thorogood and the Destoryers








For random record Friday I listened to an album that was the first rock artist I listened too. I had a version of Move It On Over on CD and this was what I listened too before I got it on record which was one of the first 20 records in my collection. Even since listening to this album I have liked George Thorogood and the Destoryers. Move It On Over was Thorogood's second album and in my opinion  his best album. This album is made up of all covers by Chess artists such as Chuck Berry, Elmore James, Willie Dixon and Bo Diddley and also the albums title track Move It On Over written and preformed by Hank Williams in 1947. This was the album that opened the door for me to all of the classic blues and rock artists. After hearing this I decided to go and listen to the original tracks by the original artists.  I had  only heard the original version of Who Do You Love by Bo Diddley and Move It On Over.  Up to this point I have had never the original version of The Sky Is Crying by Elmore James. I had only heard cover versions by Thorogood, SRV and Gary Moore. It was great to listen too this classic album again.





No comments:

Post a Comment